Editor-in-Chief: Atef El-Taher
Frequency: 3 issues annually
The Journal of Radiation and Nuclear Applications provides a high quality medium for the publication of substantial, original, scientific, technological and short communications papers on the development and applications of nuclear, radiation and radionuclide techniques in chemistry, physics, biochemistry, biology, medicine, security, engineering and in the earth, planetary and environmental sciences. Nuclear techniques are defined in the broadest sense and both experimental and theoretical papers are welcome. They include the development and use of α- and β-particles, X-rays and γ-rays, neutrons and other nuclear particles and radiations from all sources, including radionuclides, synchrotron sources, cyclotrons and reactors and from the natural environment.
Technical notes, Review papers, Summaries of projects, Books reviews, etc can be submitted to JEH. All manuscripts are subjected to international journal standards. All papers will be subjected to two international referees for reviewing and comment before being published in the journal. Special issues that deal with one central theme will be considered for publication. The authors are invited to write a proposal using the template of the journal. For more details, please contact the editors or the secretary. Also, Conferences & Workshops can be considered for special issues. For more details, please contact the editors or the secretary.
However, authors are encouraged to suggest other topics, which might also be published in the journal.
- Measurement of Radiation and Radioactivity: measurement of X-rays, γ-rays, α- and β-particles and other forms of radiation; nuclear instrumentation, including radiation spectrometry, dosimetry, novel counting systems and whole-body counters, novel radiation detector systems.
- Nuclear Physics and Chemistry topics including data compilations, directly relevant to practical applications.
- Radionuclides: production, activation, cross-sections, quality control procedures.
- Radioanalytical Methods: activation analysis, radionuclide tomography, radiation spectrometry.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance/Electron Spin Resonance: dosimetry, dating, imaging, biomedical applications and radiation accidents.
- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry: methodology, biomedical, environmental and other applications
- Dosimetric aspects of radon or other naturally occurring radioactive materials and low-level radiation are included.
- Application IBA (ion beam analysis) techniques using accelerators in different fields: environment, material science, biology, archeometry, etc : PIXE, PIGE, RBS, Nuclear reactions
- high energy physics
- Review articles and conference proceedings may also be accepted for publication, following discussion with an editor of the journal.